Jumping out of a plane at 15,000ft

Anecia Duffy
Anecia Duffy
Having a stoma, should never stop you doing what you want to do. I never in a million years thought that I would jump out of a plane at 15,000ft.

Before I got diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis I was such a wee scaredy cat ahaha. I would never have done anything like what I did on Sunday the 9th of October 2016. Which was…..? A SKYDIVE!!!! I was thinking about doing something that will create awareness and also act as a fundraiser for Let’s Talk Crohn’s and Colitis NI and the Stoma Services in Altnagelvin Hospital in Northern Ireland. So I randomly signed up for a skydive in August and the time was coming in so fast, I was getting nerves in my belly. People were saying to me, ‘you have got loads of guts, I would never jump out of a plane’. I laughed because we all know that I don’t. So the day came and I was staying calm but had a plan ‘B’ if I got too scared. So I got signed in and got suited and booted. Then was called again to say ok Aneica you are next. That’s when it started to kick in and I was getting nervous, didn’t show it to anyone but inside I was trembling.

Anonymous