2021 Charity Calendar

Some of you will know that I am a regular contributor to this site, writing (mostly) monthly blogs.

We are a community, we are all the same, and we all share a common theme ... we all have a stoma. It's nothing to be ashamed about ... in some cases, it was created to end a medical problem - for some (like me), it saved our life's.

Yet, there is still a stigma attached to knowledge of a stoma... "normal" people become curious and concerned, whilst for us ostomates, it's who we are .... the same as anyone else ....

So, I was thinking today, why don't we ostomates get together and raise awareness on a different level from what already happens, and so.... let's produce a 2021 calendar.!

Don't dismiss this idea out of hand .... those willing can have their photo appear on a calendar for next year with all proceeds going to a charity yet to be decided amongst ourselves. - this very site could help to advertise it!

The only criteria is that your stoma bag must be visible. Think calendar girls meets the full monty (but on a lesser scale!)

I'm not talking nudity - I'm thinking about swimwear / underwear / anything tasteful to  help display your stoma pouch in all its glory.

I'm not ashamed to admin I'm a tad overweight, and certainly not photogenic, but I'm more than happy to embarrass myself.

Anyone else with me on this? anyone else think it's a good idea to show the public we are no different, whilst raising money for charity? - Anyone else think their granny would like a nice 2021 calendar?

If this is something you would consider, make a comment below ... I'm sure Johanne on site will help put up all in touch!

Here's hoping there are some others who are as daft as me .....

Parents Reply Children
Related