Travelling abroad.

Hi can anyone help please. I will be going abroad in September, the first time since I have had my stoma. I am very apprehensive about the airport experience. Do I need a letter from my doctor. I am so worried about being embarrassed with a search. Would be grateful for any replies. Thank you. 

Parents
No Data
  • I didn't have any issues and have been to the Dominican and Mexico. I keep all my supplies in a bag to keep them together in my carry-on including my medical scissors. I try to time my shots so I don't have to take them but the rest of my meds go. They'll scan you and at that time I let them know I have an ileostomy (usually shows up yellow on their screen.) They'll then pat me down using the back of their hand and wand over the area. They'll then have me pat the area of my bag and then wand another wand type of device over my hands and put it in a machine to test for I'm assuming chemicals?! It's harmless but scary and nerve-wracking the first time!!  Hope this helps! Best of luck, safe travels and enjoy your trip!! 

Children
Related