Transverse Colostomy

Good day so I'm fairly new 9 months with a Transverse Colostomy and I was wondering who else has this type. The transverse colostomy is located approximately 2 inches below my sternum directly in the middle of the chest. I'm having several types of problem related to this type of colostomy.

I would like to hear from any with the same type.

Thanks so much

Dennis, 

• Hi Dennis, unfortunately I don't have a transverse colostomy and I hope someone will answer you soon, I would imagine that having a stoma in that place is quite awkward and uncomfortable.

• The transverse colostomy is in the upper abdomen, either in the middle or toward the right side of the body. This type of colostomy allows the stool to leave the body before it reaches the descending colon. Some of the colon problems that can lead to a transverse colostomy include: Diverticulitis. 

Transverse colostomy —  is made from the transverse part of the colon. The transverse colostomy is usually located in the center of the abdomen above the navel. The output often is liquid to pasty, and gas is common. Descending colostomy — is made from the descending part of the colon.
    Types of colostomy
    • Sigmoid colostomy. This is the most common type. ...
    • Transverse colostomy. The transverse colon crosses the top of the abdomen. ...
    • Descending colostomy. The descending colon takes waste down the left side of the abdomen. ...
    • Ascending colostomy.
Related