What do you think ostomy products of the future will be like?

Ostomy bags have come a long way in the last 30 years, so it got me thinking about what ostomy products might be like in 2050.

What would you change or like to see?

• How could technology change stoma management - maybe a robot pouch that can change itself or indicators that alert you before problems arise?
  • A pouch, but not as we know it now?  
  • More choice for you  e.g. size, shape and colour?

Far-out or simple tweaks, we'd love to hear your ideas.  Share them in the comments below. 

Parents
  • Change stoma opening to a flexi opening to accommodate irregular stoma shapes/size - for myself I could go down a size (oval)but the flexi opening would adjust to fit the wider part of the stoma.  Tom Eakin (of Cohesive Seal and Eakin ostomy bags)  in Belfast produced a bag in 1980's with a "stoma flex" opening which was a great fit.  I used those bags for 34 years til they changed production.  Never had a leak!      

• Change stoma opening to a flexi opening to accommodate irregular stoma shapes/size - for myself I could go down a size (oval)but the flexi opening would adjust to fit the wider part of the stoma.  Tom Eakin (of Cohesive Seal and Eakin ostomy bags)  in Belfast produced a bag in 1980's with a "stoma flex" opening which was a great fit.  I used those bags for 34 years til they changed production.  Never had a leak!      

Children
No Data
Related